Thursday, November 8, 2012

Four Months in India COMMENCE !!!



Here I am at Calgary International waiting to board my first of two planes on route to Mumbai, India. I said "Mumbai" to the KLM ticket agent and instead of giving me a reassuring smile he gave a frown, furrowed his brow, and said "BOMBAY"!  Apparently my attempts to be culturally sensitive and thoughtful about the city name change was not appreciated :S Whoops!

I was recently at dinner with some close friends, and was given some good food for thought, as well as some good food . . . and wine ;) My friend said that the next trip he is going to take he wants to plan way way way in advance. The reason being is that he enjoys the anticipation of the trip as much as the trip itself. I really liked this idea and decided to use it as advice in helping me ease into this trip. Despite the fact that I have, pretty much, always wanted to go to India, and have been super excited about this trip certain fears, doubts, and nerves do, and have, popped up! That has been an experience in and of itself. Watching myself go through the motions as I prepare for this experience. Trying to keep myself calm when panic hits. Trying to keep myself level headed and clear in terms of planning and organizing. Not wanting to let it all go or give up when it feels all too real and all too scary. It is safe to say that my body has been producing exorbitant amounts of adrenaline over the past month, maybe even two. Caffeine has been my downfall as it provides a perfect point of comfort and calm, while at the same time triggering my nervous system, propelling my anxiety levels even further, and driving me towards a nervous breakdown. Funny how such an oxymoron of a pacifier can exist ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment